Polycarbonate roofing pros and cons.
What makes polycarbonate sheet so special? Is it good for roofing ?
- Polycarbonate sheet has an Impact strength of 300 times more than the glass, which makes polycarbonate sheet a better choice.
- These sheets are light in weight which makes it easy for installing.
- It can withstand extreme temperature weather it’s hot or cold.
- As the sheets are light in weight the installation process will be fast.
- polycarbonate sheets are very hard to break. It can withstand extreme amount of force.
- With double side UV coated it blocks the ultraviolet rays which makes polycarbonate sheet a perfect choice for green house.
- Fire resistant- these sheets are fire resistant thus if your building is in a fire prone area polycarbonate sheet is for you.
Polycarbonate roofing cons.
- These sheets are not scratch resistant, if the sheets are scratched in any circumstance it can give a noticeable look to the viewers.
- These sheets are costlier than the GI roofing sheets.
Yes! polycarbonate sheet is a good option for you, price will be higher than the GI sheet . If you want to give your home a great look use polycarbonate sheet by replacing glass. Don’t use it unnecessarily.
Polycarbonate sheet design
project photos of multiwall polycarbonate sheet.
clear polycarbonate sheet
Clear polycarbonate sheet are also called as transparent roofing sheet giving the exact look and feel of glass this roofing sheet is one of the fastest selling roofing sheet with 300 times more impact resistance than glass this transparent roofing sheet is fire resistant. These sheets can be used for roofing, office cabins, police protection shield etc…
project photos of clear polycarbonate sheet
Crystal polycarbonate sheet
This is the one of the latest arrival in the market people just fall for it due the crystal design these designs allow sunlight to pass through thus you can get natural light these sheets are two side UV coated thus this sheet protect you from harmfull rays.
Prismatic polycarbonate sheet
This prismatic roofing sheet is also one of the latest arrival in the market. The prismatic design makes it more attractive these designs can be used for car portch roofing etc….
Corugated and trapizodical
These roofing sheet are used for agriculture purpose . corrugated polycarbonate roofing sheets are available in a wide array of profiles that are designed to meet demanding architectural needs.
available thickness of polycarbonate sheet
|Multiwall polycarbonate sheet||4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm|
|Clear polycarbonate sheet||1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm|
|Crystal polycarbonate sheet||2mm, 3mm, 4mm|
|prismatic polycarbonate sheet||2mm, 3mm, 4mm||Corrugated and trapizodical||1mm, 2mm|